We have multiple options to reach Tirupati from Chennai:
Chennai to Tirupati By Road:
- Private Vehicle/Car: You can drive or hire a private car/taxi from Chennai to Tirupati. The road distance is approximately 130-140 kilometers, and the journey usually takes around 3-4 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
Traveling by car from Chennai to Tirupati is a convenient option. Here’s a guide on how to do it:
- The distance between Chennai and Tirupati is approximately 130-140 kilometers, and the journey usually takes around 3-4 hours by car, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- There are different routes available, but the most common route is via NH 75.
- Route via NH 75:
- Start from Chennai and head towards Poonamallee High Road or NH 48.
- Follow the route towards Koyambedu and continue on NH 75.
- Drive through towns like Sriperumbudur, Kanchipuram, and Arakkonam.
- Continue on NH 75 towards Chittoor and Renigunta.
- From Renigunta, follow the road signs to reach Tirupati.
Tips for the Journey:
- Ensure your car is in good condition for the trip.
- Carry essentials like water, snacks, and a first aid kit.
- Check for road conditions and potential diversions or closures before starting the journey.
- Drive cautiously, especially on hilly terrains and bends.
- There might be tolls along the route, so carry sufficient cash or a FASTag for toll payments.
- Plan your journey, considering the time you want to spend at Tirupati and the darshan timings at the temple if you intend to visit the Tirumala Temple.
It’s advisable to start early to avoid traffic and to reach Tirupati comfortably. The car journey offers flexibility and allows you to enjoy the scenic landscapes on the way to Tirupati.
- Would you want Chennai to Tirupati One Day package by Car with Balaji Darshan Click Here
- Need Bus Tour from Chennai to Tirupati for One Day with Balaji Darshan : Click Here
- If you have already balaji darshan pass then need Rental by Car to Tirupati from Chennai : CLICK HERE
- Bus: Regular bus services operate between Chennai and Tirupati. Both government-run and private buses offer various options, including AC, non-AC, and sleeper coaches. The bus journey takes around 4-5 hours.
Chennai to Tirupati By Train:
- Chennai to Tirupati is well-connected by trains. Several express and passenger trains operate between these cities, offering different classes of accommodation and travel times. The train journey usually takes around 3-4 hours.
To travel from Chennai to Tirupati by train, you have several options as both cities are well-connected by rail. Here’s how you can do it:
Train Services: Several trains run between Chennai and Tirupati, offering different classes of accommodation and travel times. Some of the popular trains include:
- Venkatadri Express: This is a daily train that connects Chennai Central to Tirupati Main.
- Sapthagiri Express: It operates daily between Chennai Central and Tirupati.
- Tirupati Express: Another daily train connecting Chennai Central to Tirupati.
Booking Tickets: You can book train tickets through various methods:
- Online: Using the Indian Railways’ official website (IRCTC), you can book tickets online by creating an account and checking for availability.
- Railway Reservation Counters: Tickets can be purchased from railway reservation counters at the stations or authorized ticketing agents.
Travel Time: The travel time between Chennai and Tirupati by train varies depending on the specific train service. Typically, it takes around 3-4 hours to cover the distance.
Boarding and Departure Stations:
- Chennai Central (MAS) is the primary railway station in Chennai for trains heading to Tirupati.
- Tirupati Main (TPTY) is the primary railway station in Tirupati.
Chennai to Tirupati By Air:
- There are no direct flights between Chennai and Tirupati as both cities are relatively close by road and rail. The nearest airport to Tirupati is the Tirupati Airport (Renigunta Airport), which is well-connected to major cities. From Chennai, you’d need to take a flight to Tirupati via connecting cities like Hyderabad or Bangalore.
Each mode of transportation has its advantages in terms of convenience, time, and cost. Depending on your preference and schedule, you can choose the most suitable option to travel from Chennai to Tirupati.
If you are coming from Mumbai to Tirupati Balaji Temple via Chennai by Flight (Included Balaji Darshan), Need any suitable tour Package CLICK HERE